James Building (DEW James, LLC)

735 Broad Street, Chattanooga 37402

National Register of Historic Places since 1979

The James Building, located in the heart of Chattanooga’s business district, was constructed in 1906 by renowned architect Reuben Harrison Hunt and Signal Mountain developer C.E. James. The 12 story, 128,000 square foot high rise was the city’s first skyscraper. The original steel and concrete building was expanded to the north in 1917 to add another 48 rooms. Adorned with the elegance of rich, hand-finished woodwork, beautiful marble and wrought iron, the James Building is now home to a prestigious lineup of financial, insurance and legal firms, as well as high end retail. Classical Revival architecture and pristine restoration earned the James Building placement on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Due to efforts by current owners, Urban Story Ventures, The James Building is Energy Star rated. Energy Star is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.

See Available Space

Amenities

  • Janitorial
  • Pest control
  • In-House Property Management and Maintenance
  • Recycling Service
  • Fitness Center
  • Shower with Towel Service
  • Centrally Located Downtown
Inquire

James Building (DEW James, LLC) Tenant Profile

Meet Our Tenants
40
Tenants
7896
Largest Unit (Sqft)
12
Stories Tall
120
Employees

Available Spaces

There are no available spaces for this building.